Empowerment Coalition of Milwaukee's 2019 Schedule
The Empowerment Coalition of Milwaukee (ECOM) is a monthly gathering of social services professionals, advocates, and consumers organized by Community Advocates' Housing Department. ECOM meets the third Friday of the month throughout the year and explores topics that are vital to Milwaukee’s human services professionals. In 2019, topics include social safety net benefits; housing; services and programs for teens; domestic violence prevention and intervention; energy assistance benefits; and programs and services for veterans, among others.
Presenters are experts in their field and share a wealth of hands-on experience. Discussions are always lively and informative.
ECOM is organized by Community Advocates’ Housing Department and are held at United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County, 225 W. Vine St., Milwaukee. Please use the entrance at 200 W. Pleasant St. and go to the Volunteer Center. Fee is $5 for light refreshments and materials. RSVPs are required.
Here's the full 2019 schedule. Click on each date for details and to register.
- January 18: Entitlement Updates & W-2/Milwaukee County
- February 15: Services & Programs for Teens
- March 15: Disability Services / Health Services
- April 19: Legal Services
- May 17: Programs and Services for Veterans
- June 21: Housing Services
- July 19: Human Trafficking / Exploitation
- August: NO WORKSHOP
- September 20: Utility Services / Energy Assistance
- October 18: Domestic Violence / Prevention & Intervention
- November 15: Financial Literacy
- December: NO WORKSHOP (Group Planning for 2020)