Community Advocates Rent Assistance Application
Community Advocates and our partners understand what a trying time this has been for many households and we are here to help you.
Temporary rent assistance may be available for tenants who experienced a loss of income within the past 60 days or because of COVID-19. To apply and be screened for eligibility, fill out the form below, and upload your supporting documents so we can fast-track your application.
Please read the Rent Assistance Process instructions here before filling out the application form on this page.
Applications are processed in the order they are received and our team is doing everything they can to get to the new applications within three business days. Please wait the three full days prior to calling back or following up through email.
Please note that if you are approved for Milwaukee County Eviction Prevention Rental Assistance, then you are not able to also receive Wisconsin Rental Assistance Program dollars.
Before You Begin
The application for rent assistance is below. Before you begin, it's helpful to get all of the information ready:
- Household Income Information
- Landlord contact information
- Lease start and end (if you have a lease)
- When you expect to return to work (if applicable)
- If you have children and applied for Emergency Assistance through a W-2 agency in the past 12 months, you will need the date of the application
You will also need to submit some documents to support your application. You can upload a .png, .jpeg, Word doc, or PDF of the following documents:
- Identification (photocopy or photo of license or state issued ID)
- Photocopy or photo of 5-day eviction notice for non-payment of rent if you received one from your landlord
- Documentation of financial hardship (termination notice, lay-off notice, letter-indicating place of employment closing, etc.)
- Filled-out Rent Assistance Income Eligibility Calculation Worksheet (download it below)
Click on the above link to download and fill out the Rent Assistance Income Eligibility Calculation Worksheet as a Word document. You will need to submit this as part of your application.