Skip to main content


Energy Assistance Heating Season Is Here!

Energy Assistance Heating Season Is Here!

Did you know: You might qualify for Energy Assistance Benefits, which help you pay your utility bills and keep you warm this winter. That’s right -- thousands of Milwaukee County and Wisconsin residents are eligible for this benefit but don’t know about it. In fact, families of four with a household income of up to $52,846 can apply for this benefit!

Even better, if you are eligible for one-time Energy Assistance Heating Season benefits, you also qualify for other benefits, such as:

  • Furnace repair or replacement
  • Insulation and weatherization services
  • Switching from heating oil, propane or bulk fuel to natural gas
  • Disconnection assistance
  • Payment plan set-up


It’s easy to apply!

  • Call 414-270-4-MKE / 414-270-4653 / Dial 211 after hours
  • Click on
  • Stop by one of our six locations:

North: 6900 W. Brown Deer Road, Suite 110

Northwest: 4906 W. Fond du Lac Ave.

Downtown: 728 N. James Lovell St.

Bay View: 2701 S. Chase Ave.

West Allis: 6761 W. Greenfield Ave.

South: 5663 S. 27th St. 

If you live outside of Milwaukee County, go to the Wisconsin Low-Income Energy Assistance Program's website or call 1-866-HEATWIS for more information.

Extended Hours:

From April 15-May 15, we are offering extended hours for applications at all six Milwaukee County Energy Assistance sites:

  • Monday: 7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
  • Tuesday: 7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
  • Wednesday: 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
  • Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
  • Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
  • Saturday: 8 a.m. – 12 noon

What Should You Bring to Your Appointment?

1.Photo ID (recommended; mandatory for first-time and NEW to Milwaukee County applicants)

2.Social Security numbers and birth dates for everyone in the household

3.Current gas, electric or oil energy bill (or lease/letter from your landlord if heat is included in your rent)

4.Proof of all income sources for the entire household's gross income for the three months prior to the application month (child support, wages, pension, unemployment, etc.)

5.Seasonal employees and self-employed persons will require the prior year's entire tax package. Rental income must be verified by taxes and schedule E

For More Information

Go to or call 414-270-4653 (2-1-1 after hours).