Victims of Domestic Violence
"The Milwaukee Women's Center believed in me. Now I believe in myself." -- Ann M.
Violence in families is not new, and it is not limited to certain kinds of families. Abuse can be experienced by anyone, whether you are wealthy or cash-strapped; white or a person of color; a city resident or a suburban dweller; a person of faith or an atheist; a man, woman, parent, or child.
Community Advocates' Milwaukee Women's Center provides a range of services for those surviving abuse in the home:
- Our Milwaukee Women's Center emergency shelter is just one of two emergency shelters in Milwaukee County for women and children threatened by violence in their homes.
- Our 24-Hour Domestic Violence Crisis Line (414-671-6140) offers advice and support for those victimized by an abuser.
- Our Older Abused Women's Program serves women ages 50 and up who are victimized by an adult relative or intimate partners.
- The Milwaukee Women's Center provides supportive services for women and their children escaping violence, including programming for children and housing counseling.
- Our Substance Addiction Treatment programs in Spanish and English help adults and families address alcohol or drug abuse.
- The Nevermore Batterers Treatment Program helps to break the cycle of violence by working with men who have abused in the past.
- The Bottomless Closet provides work-appropriate clothing to men and women re-entering the workforce.
To contact the Milwaukee Women's Center, call 414-671-6140 if you are in crisis, need advice, or want to schedule an appointment. We are here to serve you.
See for Yourself
Want to meet some of the clients and see how their lives have been changed?
Watch this video to hear their stories.
More About Community Advocates and Our Clients
Community Advocates helps people meet their most basic needs -- like a roof over their heads, the lights and heat on at night, and healthcare for their kids. Meet Eloise and Marty, two grateful individuals who have been helped ...