Host a Wine Tasting
Wines for Humanity, which has partnered with Community Advocates to raise funds through in-home wine tastings, believes that no family in America should become homeless through circumstances beyond its control.
For every bottle of wine purchased at a Wines for Humanity tasting event, an average of $2.00 goes straight to Community Advocates.
In addition, if you choose to host a wine tasting, your Host Wine Discount can be directly donated to the agency as a tax-deductible charitable contribution.
Hosting a Tasting
All that you need to host a tasting is the following:
- room to accommodate a few friends (up to 16)
- two hours of your time
- a table for your Wine Advisor to set up the wines and wineglasses
(Of course, cheese and crackers are always a nice addition to complement the wine and cleanse your palate.)
Wines for Humanity states its goal is to make the wine tasting experience as pleasurable and stress-free as possible.
Hosting a tasting with Wines for Humanity is
• Educational: Learn about wine while sharing interesting and useful information
• Fun: An evening with friends and family filled with camaraderie and fellowship
• Beneficial: An average of $2 per bottle is donated to Community Advocates and its work to end homelessness in Milwaukee
Since its founding in 2007, Wines for Humanity has helped raise over $195,500 for the prevention of homelessness!
If you are interested in hosting a tasting, or in buying a gift certificate for a tasting as a gift, please contact Wine Advisor Theresa Flegel, via this e-mail.
Visit Wines for Humanity’s website for further info.
More About Community Advocates and Our Clients
Community Advocates helps people meet their most basic needs -- like a roof over their heads, the lights and heat on at night, and healthcare for their kids. Meet Eloise and Marty, two grateful individuals who have been helped »