Programs for Those with Substance Abuse Issues
Community Advocates' Milwaukee Women's Center provides a wide range of substance addiction treatment programs, from options for those currently incarcerated to day treatment programs open to community members. All of our treatment options are free of charge and child care and transportation can be provided.
Two of our signature programs for community members are the Positive Options for Women Entering Recovery (POWER) for pregnant women and mothers and the Family Intervention Program, an in-home program for African American and Latino families available in English and Spanish.
For information on additional programs, call 414-270-2600 or email Clinical Services Director Otis Lockett Jr. at email@example.com.
Positive Options for Women Entering Recovery (POWER) is a mental health/dual diagnosis program serving mothers and pregnant women who are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol.
This program helps women to achieve and maintain abstinence from alcohol and drugs, understand and recover from trauma, domestic violence, and mental health issues, and improve their social and economic well-being.
The POWER program does the following:
• Draws on the expertise of professionals from the fields of medicine, social services, child care, and substance addiction
• Centers around the client, so that each treatment plan is built to meet each woman’s individual needs and circumstances
• Addresses crisis issues first, then long-term goals
• Encourages each woman to set her own goals and build upon her strengths
• Ensures that a woman’s care continues across all areas of her life
This program is offered at no cost, and can include free child care and transportation.
For more information, call 414-270-4600 and ask to speak to a POWER case manager.
The Family Intervention Program’s goal is to remove significant barriers preventing Latino and African American individuals and families from seeking traditional counseling services.
This intensive, home-based, family-focused case management program provides supportive services to families struggling with the impact of substance addiction and domestic violence.
Services provided by the Family Intervention Program include the following:
• Intensive, home-based case management emphasizing a continuum of care
• Home-based alcohol and other drug addiction (AODA) counseling, emphasizing relapse prevention
• A multi-disciplinary approach that incorporates parents, peers, school personnel, outpatient substance addiction and mental health providers, support groups, and advocacy services
Services are provided at no cost to the family.
For more information about the Family Intervention Program, please call 414-270-4600.
Objetivo del programa de intervención familiar es eliminar importantes barreras que impiden latinos y afroamericanos individuos y familias de buscar servicios de asesoría tradicional.
Este programa de manejo de caso intensivo, basado en el hogar, enfoque familiar ofrece servicios de apoyo a las familias que luchan con el impacto de la adicción a la sustancia y la violencia doméstica.
Servicios prestados por el programa de intervención familiar son los siguientes:
• Manejo de caso intensivo, basado en el hogar haciendo hincapié en la continuidad de la atención
• En casa alcohol y otras adicciones a las drogas (AODA) asesoramiento haciendo hincapié en prevención de la recaída
• Un enfoque multidisciplinario que incorpora a los padres, compañeros, personal de la escuela, la adicción de sustancias para pacientes ambulatorios y proveedores de salud mental, grupos de apoyo y servicios de defensa
Servicios son proporcionados sin costo a la familia.
Para obtener más información sobre el programa de intervención familiar, por favor llame a 414-270-4600.
About Milwaukee Women's Center
The Milwaukee Women's Center (MWC) became a Division of Community Advocates in 2007. Since the merger, MWC's services to women, children, and men have grown and improved. Read more about the MWC's many programs within this section of the website.