To provide holistic care to empower women and families who are experiencing abuse to live safe, independent, and healthy lives.
Fulfilling the Mission
To fulfill this mission, the Milwaukee Women’s Center provides the following programming and services:
• Emergency Shelter
• Transportation for victims of domestic violence
• A 24-Hour Crisis Line
• Specialized services and support for older abused women
• Children’s Programming
• Batterers’ Treatment
• Case Management to meet housing and other basic needs
• Counseling to address domestic violence, mental health, and addiction issues
• Professional clothing and supportive services for women and men entering or re-entering the workforce
• Transitional housing and services for justice-involved women and their children
About Milwaukee Women's Center
The Milwaukee Women's Center (MWC) became a Division of Community Advocates in 2007. Since the merger, MWC's services to women, children, and men have grown and improved. Read more about the MWC's many programs within this section of the website.