No-Cost Treatment for Substance Abuse
Addiction doesn't discriminate, which is why Community Advocates' Milwaukee Women's Center provides addiction treatment services for a wide variety of indivduals. Our programming offers help for:
- Pregnant women and mothers
- Domestic violence survivors
- Families working through addiction issues
- Men with a history of domestic violence
- Incarcerated women
- English and Spanish speakers
Our signature treatment programs are Positive Options for Women Entering Recovery (POWER) for mothers and pregnant women struggling with drug or alcohol abuse and the Family Intervention Program (FIP), which provides counseling in the client's home in Spanish and English.
Positive Options for Women Entering Recovery (POWER)
Positive Options for Women Entering Recovery (POWER) is a mental health/dual diagnosis program serving mothers and pregnant women who are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol.
This program helps women to achieve and maintain abstinence from alcohol and drugs, understand and recover from trauma, domestic violence, and mental health issues, and improve their social and economic well-being.
The POWER program does the following:
• Draws on the expertise of professionals from the fields of medicine, social services, child care, and substance addiction
• Centers around the client, so that each treatment plan is built to meet each woman’s individual needs and circumstances
• Addresses crisis issues first, then long-term goals
• Encourages each woman to set her own goals and build upon her strengths
• Ensures that a woman’s care continues across all areas of her life
This program is offered at no cost, and can include free child care and transportation.
For more information, call 414-270-4622 and ask to speak to a POWER case manager.
Family Intervention Program (FIP)
The Family Intervention Program’s goal is to remove significant barriers preventing Latino and African American individuals and families from seeking traditional counseling services.
This intensive, home-based, family-focused case management program provides supportive services to families struggling with the impact of substance addiction and domestic violence.
Services provided by the Family Intervention Program include the following:
• Intensive, home-based case management emphasizing a continuum of care
• Home-based alcohol and other drug addiction (AODA) counseling, emphasizing relapse prevention
• A multi-disciplinary approach that incorporates parents, peers, school personnel, outpatient substance addiction and mental health providers, support groups, and advocacy services
Services are provided at no cost to the family.
For more information about the Family Intervention Program, please call 414-270-4622.
Programa de intervención familiar (FIP)
Objetivo del programa de intervención familiar es eliminar importantes barreras que impiden latinos y afroamericanos individuos y familias de buscar servicios de asesoría tradicional.
Este programa de manejo de caso intensivo, basado en el hogar, enfoque familiar ofrece servicios de apoyo a las familias que luchan con el impacto de la adicción a la sustancia y la violencia doméstica.
Servicios prestados por el programa de intervención familiar son los siguientes:
• Manejo de caso intensivo, basado en el hogar haciendo hincapié en la continuidad de la atención
• En casa alcohol y otras adicciones a las drogas (AODA) asesoramiento haciendo hincapié en prevención de la recaída
• Un enfoque multidisciplinario que incorpora a los padres, compañeros, personal de la escuela, la adicción de sustancias para pacientes ambulatorios y proveedores de salud mental, grupos de apoyo y servicios de defensa
Servicios son proporcionados sin costo a la familia.
Para obtener más información sobre el programa de intervención familiar, por favor llame a 414-270-4622.
Caring for the Individual
All of the Milwaukee Women's Center's addiction treatment services provide holistic, individualized care for the client that encompasses the addiction and other issues impacting their lives. Our treatment experts have master's level training to diagnose substance abuse and mental illnesses, and use evidence-based practices to meet the needs of the individuals in their care. They have decades of experience in helping women, men, and families become healthy.
To reduce barriers, our addiction treatment programs are offered free of charge, plus transportation and child care are covered. Those seeking treatment do not need to have insurance coverage. We can set up flexible schedules so that clients can be employed and achieve and maintain their sobriety. Through our bilingual English/Spanish Family Intervention Program, we also provide in-home treatment for families working through addiction issues.
The Milwaukee Women's Center's addiction treatment programs accept referrals and individuals seeking help who contact us directly. We will provide an assessment so that the individual connects to the program that best addresses their needs. Because of space limitations, we sometimes have a waiting list for treatment, but will give priority to pregnant women. When appropriate, we can make referrals to residential treatment options.
For more information about the Milwaukee Women's Center's Substance Addiction Treatment programs, call 414-270-4662 or email Otis Lockett at email@example.com.
See for Yourself
Shaunte had made her mother a promise on her death bed: that she would stop using drugs and become clean. She struggled for years to keep her promise. With our help, she is now proudly living the life her mother wanted for her.
Watch her tell her story here.