Helping Families Escape Domestic Violence
Milwaukee Women's Center Saves Lives
When families begin to fall apart because of violence at home, something needs to change drastically.
First, women and their children need to find a safe place to stay during a domestic violence crisis. Once they are out of harm's way, they need to create a plan for a better future. That can involve help working through legal issues, counseling for moms and children, substance addiction treatment, batterers intervention for abusive men, help with securing housing, and even a new wardrobe for job interviews.
Community Advocates’ Milwaukee Women’s Center offers all these things to families affected by violence in the home. Our no-cost services and programs include:
- A 24-Hour Domestic Violence Crisis Line (414-671-6140) staffed by trained counselors
- A secure, supportive emergency shelter serving women and their minor chidren who are fleeing violence in their home
- Our Family Support Center, which provides shelter and support to low-income families who are experiencing a housing crisis
- Case Management to help stabilize families, including housing counseling
- An Older Abused Women's Program specifically designed to meet the needs of women 50 and over who are being victimized by an adult child or intimate partner
- Substance addiction treatment programs in English and Spanish
- The Nevermore Batterers Treatment program, an educational, support-group based program aiming to help male batterers take responsibility for their violent behavior and break the cycle of domestic violence
- The Bottomless Closet, which provides work-appropriate clothing to low-income men and women entering or re-entering the workforce
The Milwaukee Women’s Center serves the whole family, because we aim to end the cycle of violence and keep it from passing generation to generation.
Most importantly, the Milwaukee Women’s Center saves lives. This is where abuse ends and hope begins.
To learn more about the Milwaukee Women's Center, call 414-671-6140.
See for Yourself
Want to meet some of the Milwaukee Women's Center's clients and see how their lives have been saved?
Watch this video to hear their stories and see how much better their lives have become now.
More About Community Advocates and Our Clients
Community Advocates helps people meet their most basic needs -- like a roof over their heads, the lights and heat on at night, and healthcare for their kids. Meet Eloise and Marty, two grateful individuals who have been helped ...